Time Pondering...

 Dearest Readers,

It's been a minute since I've been here but let me assure you, I've been busy. Between kids birthday's, work & just life it's kept me preoccupied to say the least. I hope all of you are well. Getting ready for Easter I can assume? 

It's a busy week for me w/ the job as we get ready to feed over 1200 people this Easter Sunday in what is a very long day but one that is worth it. It's fun to see how at least my kids have really turned up the Easter excitement this year. Much more into the Easter Bunny & mainly the Easter eggs & finding those said eggs. 

I find Easter has literally arrived super quick to start this year. I shouldn't even say start this year as Easter literally means the year is a quarter of the way over. Like that is crazy right? 2024 is already almost a quarter of the way over...

Time truly does go faster than I think we know. I never believed that sentiment but man having kids I think that statement applies even more. My son just turned 7 and I can vividly remember the day he was born like yesterday. That was freaking 2017! Here we are already 7 years later...makes one question a lot of things. 

Ever find yourself alone sitting around or doing some boring chore & think how much time do I have left? Like I'll be 38 this summer & have been getting myself back into shape in hopes to yeah feel better, look better but ultimately prolong my time on this planet. I want to be a grandpa one day to my grandkids & see their milestones later on in life. I want to be able to move around & fingers crossed- remember what the hell is going on too. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit scared but the fear of the unknown is simply that..the unknown. I wouldn't want to know how my future plays out. I love that question..if you could know what year you were going to die...would you want to know. I am quick to say no as that would totally alter every aspect of my day to day life. But the curiosity would certainly creep in & at least make me wonder. Anyways, time is a funny thing & it's truly amazing to see how fast it's going right now. 

With April literally a week from today we're on the fast track to spring & summer break. I do wish one thing, that time does slow down for us all a little bit. I feel like you blink & something has happened or passed you by. 

I'll end with a quote from one of my favorites- Ferris Bueller. "If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it."

Comments

Popular Posts