If you could bring someone back...

Just the other day, myself & some co-workers started one of my favorite ever discussions. If you could bring back one dead celebrity who would it be & why? Granted that's a very broad question but let me put it into some context...

To me I like to break it down by category & since this is my blog that's what I'm going to do today. We're going to bring back: a musician, an actor & just a wildcard pick (can be anyone). 

I was a child raised on classic rock & roll so for my musician pick it's hard. I grew up listening to all the classics. From Aerosmith to Santana, Bon Jovi to AC/DC I listened to them all. But for my musician pick it comes down to the following: who would I like to most see perform live & imagine the body of work he or she could of done if they weren't taken from the world too soon. I heard a lot of great answers from my companions including: Jimi Hendrix, Prince & Freddie Mercury. *Side note- Freddie would of been like my 1B pick; but I have to pick one artist whom in my eyes I label as the single greatest solo act of all time & the greatest performer to ever live- Michael Jackson. 

There are just songs that make you stop dead in your tracks & let's face it- get you moving & that to me is the King of Pop. His catalog is in my opinion unquestionably the greatest collection of songs of all time. From Beat It to Billie Jean, PYT to Black or White; the list goes on & on. I would have died to see him perform live as a solo act & with his brothers. His charisma & the way he commanded both the stage & the audience is unrivaled to this day. Sure others have tried, I love me some Bruno Mars & Justin Timberlake, but neither of them even are on the same level (again all my opinion). I know this is fun right? 

Michael's personal life is being kept out of this post, this only has to do with his body of work as a performer the likes of which, the world has never seen since or ever will again. Dance moves are still to this day incredible...moon walk, that is all. He will forever in my mind be the best solo male artist of all time & nothing anyone can say or do will convince me otherwise. 

Up next, an actor. This one is a head scratcher if I'm being honest...right off the bat names such as John Candy, Paul Walker & Chris Farley all worthy choices but for me this one is far too easy. I wanted to give this one a tie but I won't so I'll save my other actor as my wildcard pick. So for actor this one is beyond easy: Heath Ledger. For those who know me, Heath Ledger's performance in The Dark Knight (my all time favorite movie) is the single greatest acting performance I've ever had the privilege to watch. As I always say along w/ other critics- it's the roll that killed him sadly as he was taken from us far too soon. His portrayal as the Joker is a thing of wonder to watch. 

I have watched that movie more times than I can count & no matter what part of the movie it's on- I will sit there to finish the film. His body language, the way he speaks, the way he licks his lips have you on the edge of your seat the entire film & it's truly to me an out of body experience watching it. His dialogue & banter w/ Batman aka Christian Bale is a thing of true awe. His true sadistic tendencies come out in that performance more so than I've ever watched on the big screen. The plan was always for him to portray the Joker again in the sequel to The Dark Knight but for all you Batman fans out there that sadly didn't happen which led to Bane played by Tom Hardy appearing in The Dark Knight Rises. 

As for my wildcard pick; well this one too is far too easy to select & it's Robin Williams, I loved this actor so much. I know his movie roles are legendary: Good will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Hook the list goes on & on. I loved him most in Jack (the movie where he ages quickly), Patch Adams & of course one of my all time favorites: Mrs. Doubtfire. The way he brought Mrs. Doubtfire to life is a thing of sheer brilliance. The voices he was capable of & the performance he gave in all his movies was just a thing of true beauty to watch unfold. His comedic genius & timing is thing of legend in my eyes & will never be touched again. I quote this movie all the time & every time the song Dude Looks Like a Lady comes on you picture him w/ the vacuum in the house. 

Aww man, this is making me sentimental. I wanna hear from you guys: give me your 3. Let me know your musician, actor & wild card pick. Does make you wonder doesn't it? What would have happened if some of the musicians/actors were around today in 2024. The songs, the films that could have been?

Comments

Popular Posts