No more football...

 So what did everyone think of the Super Bowl this year? Were you routing for the Chiefs or the 49ers? I myself, was routing for the Chiefs but mostly wanted a good game to just enjoy w/ friends & family. Side note- what I was most excited for was the Deadpool teaser trailer, but I digress. Even the commercials this year & quite honestly the last few years haven't been doing it for me. Also, stop releasing everything online early, let the fans enjoy a few surprises on the big day..is that too much to ask for? 

What a boring first half am I right? Not much action, some sloppy play but both defenses were definitely making the QB's do some uncharacteristic things which led to a snooze worthy & sleepy first half. Then as most of us do we get all jacked up for the half time show, grab a snack & refresh our adult beverage sit back &....

Now to start it off, I'm not a huge Usher fan, never have been & never will be. I was only looking forward to seeing him perform Yeah w/ Luda & Lil Jon both of which I think the whole world knew would be joining him on stage. But I don't know what you all thought but I didn't like the halftime show at all. Yeah was great, Ludacris & Lil Jon got the energy going but Usher did nothing to impress me at least. Sure Alicia Keys can sing & that was fine but his other stuff...wake me up when the 3rd quarter is about to start. 

This all brings me to my next point- who do you guys all wanna see highlight the 2025 Super Bowl? Keep in mind it's held in New Orleans next year so will they showcase something along those lines? For me off the top of my head here's a list of performers I'd like to see- Adele, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars (again) & while my favorite genre of music is classic rock- I'm not sure who is left to do it anymore. Sure I love me some Aerosmith, Bon Jovi & even Queen w/ Adam Lambert but the NFL isn't going to worry bout catering to that crowd. Love me some country music- but whose big enough to do it? Love me some Lainey Wilson, but she isn't there just yet...

I titled this no more football cause today is a sad day. There's no more football til September & that makes me sad. Basketball- who cares, baseball- boring, I just want me some NFL Week 1 action already. And now comes the long dark tunnel when there is no football. Sure the NFL draft will tide us over at least for a random weekend in April but that's just not good enough for me. 

Like most avid fans, I'll just be going through the motions until opening day kickoff which in case you were wondering is Thursday 9/5 or 9/12. Even just saying that makes me sad...Adios NFL. 

Comments

Popular Posts