Hello from the Working Loving Bourbon Dad

Hello my friends we meet again, it's been a while where should we begin? Yes I know that's a lyric to a Creed song but oh how appropriate it is to kickstart this new chapter in my prolific writing history. Ok, I may be exaggerating but that's ok, I can do what I want & type what I want. 

I must admit I have missed this. The itch to write/blog has never left me & if you're new to this page welcome & for those who don't know- I graduated with a degree in Journalism & used to oversee a few sections on my award winning college newspaper- The Lewis Flyer. I miss the late night deadlines to get everything done & looking great, I miss the friendships, the joking around & basically yeah I miss writing.  I used to have a blog a few years ago & a lot has changed since then. I welcomed my daughter into the world in 2020 just a few months into the Covid pandemic, lost my Bama (Grandma) during the pandemic & so much more these last few years. 

I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with my first entry into this new space & tinkered with a few ideas. Oh & before I move on, you're probably asking what's with the title of this blog...'The Working Loving Bourbon Dad?' Well over the last year & a half really I have developed quite a love, passion & ok obsession for Bourbon. So much so that myself & the wife along with a few friends did something quite honestly we never do- plan an impromptu trip to Kentucky for a weekend getaway & it was honestly one of my favorite trips ever...but more on that a later time. 

The world of Bourbon has been an eye opener for me & by that I mean it's been fun to truly dive into it & learn all about it while occasionally enjoying some over ice. So if you ever see a particular blog in the future w/ the title containing a bourbon like Makers Mark or Eagle Rare...now you know why! 

I see so many people taking to social media to share their lives w/ friends & family these last few years & am truly amazed by just how much social media platforms have exploded into what they are today. The fact people can make millions of dollars on these things is insane to me & something I don't think any of us thought possible a few years ago. Seeing people go live w/ friends, promote a product or just simply share pictures, it reignited my creative side to get back to writing & here I am. 

I want to use this platform to document life, vent about whatever & just share my thoughts & opinions about things going on in the world. A lot of it might center around my kids, work & of course bourbon. 

So I hope you guys like it & if you don't that's ok. I just wanted to get back into writing & this is just the start. 

Thanks for reading. 

Tim 


Comments

Popular Posts