Escaping through a TV show...

 What's going on my friends? Sorry for the delay in posting, it's been a busy few weeks & w/ March just around the corner it's only getting busier for me. I want to stay up to date more with the blog but finding time is hard lately. Anyways, I digress. 

How is everyone? I need to level with you all, life has been tough lately. Work has been great sure but things are just hectic. I'm trying so hard to juggle so many things at once but I feel as if the balls are gonna fall to the ground, ya know what I mean? Not looking for sympathy at all, just need to unload some feelings. A lot has happened in life lately & feel like I never have time to just sit back & enjoy it. 

You know how I feel? It's like those clips in movies where everything & everyone is moving in super speed & the main character or in this case me- is moving in slow motion watching everything happen around them. I can't think of the movie scene but I know it's there. So much happening in the coming weeks & months I just am having a hard time finding the joy in it. Between being pulled in a million directions at home & at work- life just seems to take a bit of a back seat & if I'm being honest- I need some me time. Is that selfish? I love being a Dad, I love what I do, but man lately, I just want an hour or half a day to myself with no phones or distractions. 

I've been diving into the world of TV shows some past & current. Side note- what is everyone watching & binging these days? I just finished Peaky Blinders & man what a show! I'm currently on season 1 of You & must say I'm a little intrigued but as I was explaining to someone today, a show needs to hook me as it does for most of us. I gauge that by if I find myself goofing off on my phone during a show or leaving it off to the side. If I pick it up- the show might just be so/so but if it's off- I'm hooked. Anyone else do that? 

It may sound silly to some but I can't be alone in that; someone help me out. Watching a show is how I escape the real world at the end of the night. It's the thrill of heading to the couch after a long productive day at the office or being Dad & it's how I shut off the mind & just unwind w/ a good comedy, a tense drama or even the guys/gals from Jersey shore. There's just something about a good show that helps you escape & forget about something that was troubling you on that particular day. 

Something else on my mind lately has been finding ways to increase my weight loss results. I've lost around 13 lbs already this year w/ my average weight loss being 1.5 lbs a week. I miss playing basketball & you may be wondering ok random but let me explain. My son does a little basketball program & I used to play all the time as a high school/college kid at the local rec center & it has me wanting to play again so bad. So looking into a membership for that again but again, it always comes down to time for me. But with having the little one starting pre-school in the fall, I'll find myself with that ever coveted free time...ahhhh! 

I again appreciate the comments I've gotten from people who can relate to something I've posted or written about & it makes me want to continue to write more. Let me know what you guys are watching...let me know what your escape methods are after a long tough day of work or parenting...who knows we might have more in common than ya think! 



Comments

Popular Posts